Get Counseled.

It's been one of those weeks again. This is the completion of my THIRD, yes, THIRD week of being sick. Just when I start to get better, it comes right back. I blame school...because every class I go to seems to have at least one deathly ill person in it. But I'm FINALLY feeling somewhat better and am trying my best to rest up and just soak up as much Vitamin C as humanly possible. And tea. Lots and lots of tea.
I've continued painting. It's shocking, I know. Normally, I paint once and then 6 months later I just might pick it up again...but most likely I'll start something entirely different than what I started. I went back up to paint again the other night and felt the all-too-familiar panic as I faced the canvas I'd just been working on; I get to this point where continuing a piece is just so overwhelming. I don't know why yet. But I think it has something to do with not wanting to destroy what I already put down. Yeah, I'll stick with that. So...I decided...hey...instead of continuing on with what I started in a panic-stricken state (not really), why don't I just start something new with all my new canvases? Back story: I went to the art store FINALLY the other day to get a canvas with my birthday gift certificate. I walked out with 6 canvases and 4 mini canvas board things. Yeah. Might have gone a little crazy...but I seriously got the best deal and I don't waste art supplies. So I did just that. I painted something new. And while talking to my mom, I decided to paint something I've been meaning to paint for um...at least a year and a half.
A Prowler. Yeah, it's not perfect (HA! It's almost funny how my artistic perfectionism just has to interject every time without fail...) but it's the first time I've ever painted anything like this...so...that's exciting for me. I've since worked on it (without too much panic or anxiety) and haven't made too much progress but I didn't ruin it either. So both are good news in my mind. So yay for painting and being semi-consistent!
In other news, I went to my first counseling session. I won't bore you to tears with the gory details but it was awesome and I came away wondering why everyone doesn't go to counseling? If you're over 23 and have never been to counseling, you are WAY overdue in my opinion. Some people get this idea that there has to be something wrong with you to need counseling...but I challenge that with...so you claiming to be without fault? Hmmmm. I see it like this...nobody is perfect and counseling is a way to talk things out and get some real feedback from someone who knows what they're talking about (if you are sure to find a legit good counselor). How is that possibly a bad thing? I found myself feeling a little silly as I headed to my appointment. My thought process was this: I'm feeling good right now. I'm feeling happy. So...maybe I don't need counseling after all...right? WRONG. My appointment proved it. I got SO much out of it even when beforehand I felt perfectly fine. Do yourself a favor. Get counseled.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts