Mux Mool

Mux Mool is a musician my cousin Keisha introduced to me probably abouttttttt....hhmm....5 or 6 years ago. He's an old friend of hers. She doesn't actually remember introducing me to his music but it did happen, I swear. He has since gained some more attention by the rest of the world and appears to have a pretty big following now.
I've always had a soft-spot for electronic music. I think that's why I love Zero 7 so much. When I was 11-16ish, I wrote my own music on the computer and did a wee bit of collaboration with a friend. We have since moved on to other things and look back on our "band" and "album" with a little bit of blushing embarrassment but deep down we both loved it. I will still scrounge up some of my favorite tracks sometimes and listen to them quietly when I know no one is there to listen. Besides my cats maybe.
One of my favorite electronic artists when I was younger was Necros, introduced to me by my brother. I believe he has since gone on to be a part of the band Iris...or maybe I'm confusing him with someone else...but yeah...his stuff was awesome. I want to say his real name is Andrew Sega. Yeah that sounds right.
When I first heard Mux Mool, it was like going back to that point of my life again...except entirely different since A. Mux Mool sounds nothing like that music...other than the fact both are electronic and B. There's something extremely ol' skool and modern about Mux Mool's sound at the same time that really keeps him in his own fighting ring. It's like...how to put this...okay here we go. Mux Mool is like REALLY good food. You sit down to a meal and aren't entirely sure what to expect. And then when you actually try it, it's a taste bud explosion and you wonder how you lived your life before eating this amazing dish. That's Mux Mool except in musical form. You listen to Death 9000 by Mux Mool and think "How have I never heard this before? And better yet, WHY?" I'm a firm believer that it is impossible to listen to Mux Mool music without having an itching desire to pop-and-lock or simply bust a move. It's just danceable, it makes you feel good, and I guess that's all I have to say on the matter. Find him on myspace, facebook, or wherever. You won't regret it. Foo.
When I reminded Keisha that she introduced me to his music awhile back and I was a big fan, she informed him of as much but we think he misunderstood "my cousin who lived in china loves your music!" to mean "china loves your music!" So I guess he thinks he's big in Asia...which...may not be too far off, you never know. Either way, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
Keep on playing, Mux Mool. Your music makes the crappy days much, much lighter. And the good days? Well the good days are just awesome.
Now if I only had a friend to drive with me to a city he's playing in during his tour, all would be stellar.

Comments

Popular Posts