Astro-girl

It's official: my neighbors have determined that I am a creeper.
I've long wondered (okay...for two years) what my neighbors think of me. I know that they knew about John deploying the first time (but I don't think they know he left again) so my loner/weird/at-times-concerning behavior was hopefully dismissible (SO thankful our house is sound-proof...on second thought, that could be a very bad thing...). Seeing as one family is also in the military, I know they get my whole situation. The other...probably not so much. But they're very nice. A new family just moved in kitty corner from our house. I've yet to meet them as I was away for Christmas, just started school, am striving to lose my mind etc. But I keep wondering what on earth they think of me in the few chance glances they've gotten. The poor, poor people.
This semester I'm taking Astronomy...the study of the night sky. This means my homework consists of staggering around the front yard, mouth gaping at the night sky while muttering to myself. (Correction: my neighbors have officially determined that I am a DRUNK creeper.) After doing this repeatedly a few nights and early mornings, I've started checking the peephole for witnesses before proceeding outside for my "homework." I can't exactly STOP doing my homework. But I also don't really feel like finding some nice dark place to go ALONE out in the sticks to complete my homework. Even if it would mean seeing the stars so much easier than from my brightly lit lawn, I don't think John or my mom would appreciate the call from the cops when they found my body in a gutter. Yeahhhhno.
So...the late-night staggerings will continue. Maybe I could add to the display by littering my recyclables across my lawn, having a loud debate with my mailbox about how it can't push me around just because it has a college education (True story...only it was a grocery cart. Not ME! Someone else. Ask me sometime.), or passing out in my driveway pants-less. I mean...if you're going to be labeled, go all out, right? Riiiiighhhhtttt.
Back to the homework. Thankfully the Astronomy homework is DONE. Either that or I'm too ashamed to show myself out there anymore.
Photo: Unknown found via International Hero

Comments

Popular Posts