First Figures

Buh-bam!!
It's 11:39pm and I survived my first "REAL" week of classes. Which consisted of being locked out of Astronomy twice (and by locked out, I mean the ENTIRE class, teacher included), having the Astronomy computers freeze up and supposedly crash the entire school's network, my FIRST time doing semi-nude figure drawing (YAY!!), a few emotional break downs, my first Encore (choir) performance, AND last but not least...I'm all signed up to get counseling. SO FREAKING STOKED ABOUT THIS. I know...it may sound super weird that I'm EXCITED about getting counseling to talk out the things I'm struggling with...but I'm seriously empowered by the fact that I'm bigger than this and I'm not going to let it destroy me. I can't even explain to you how encouraging it was to hear the lady at the counselor's office say "Yeah...issues with family, issues with friends, issues with husband being deployed...yep, that's a lot to have on your plate." Thank you! At least I know I'm not going crazy. I am also trying to join a church group. I got a call back about it. I just have to follow through. So follow through already.
My first figure drawing class was mostly awesome. It was definitely inspiring to be drawing again and see that I haven't completely lost my ability like I semi-feared. It was rough but I felt like I was loosening up well and working with a live model was absolutely awesome. I can't tell you how annoying it is to draw someone you see out and about and have them get up and leave just when you think the drawing is starting to look good. Having someone dedicated to simply POSING is absolutely fantastic. If you suddenly have a compelling desire to pose for me (no nudity required, I promise...in fact, that would just be a tad awkward doing of someone I know at this point in time) PLEASE let me know.
Okay. I'm going to go and...you guessed it...drool on myself. :) Yay.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts