The case of the missing blogger...

Wow. It's been awhile. But for good reason. School, life, parents' arrival and then a very strange and random case of my internet being cancelled...so I've been out of commission for awhile. But I'm back! And sick. What better reason to blog? Especially when I have lots of other things that need to be done...hehem.
My parents are here! It's very surreal. I keep expecting them to leave, like it's just another short visit. But they're here to stay and it's a relief. They have a cute/funny little house in a very remarkable neighborhood. I say remarkable because so far the neighbors have proven to be some of the nicest people I've maybe ever heard of. They've yet to meet anyone unkind, uncaring, or unwilling to help them...even on moving day. Their house is bright and quickly settling into the home I've known for so long. It's different but in the best ways. It's strange how something like this move has changed so much and...maybe in a way it has improved life for them. They were forced to cut down on clutter and unneeded/wanted items for the move so they have much less to worry about. I'm almost jealous.
They are thrilled to be nearby and are getting their bearings in the area. I can't help but feel happy whenever I go to their house...which is a change from sometimes when I'd go to their house in WA. I think the weather plays a large role in this and I think the sunshine is doing them good. I love Washington State...but the cold and wet does get to you, even if it doesn't rain as much as everyone says. It's strange and wonderful to have them be able to swing by in just 10 minutes if I need their help or support or just a listening ear. I am constantly reminded (since their arrival) that this change and this time with them is precious. As much as I hate having John away and in and out of our lives in a moment's notice, I am so thankful to have P's Nai Nai and Ye Ye close by for a time. And I will always tell her how they moved across the country to be near her, near us. This is dear to me.
Which brings me to her. P. At 4 months (WHAT??), she is now eating rice cereal (the first few tries were definitely crazy and messy but we're both getting the hang of it), giggling for us and talking up a storm. She grew bored of rolling awhile back and hasn't done it since. But the doctor didn't seem concerned. She is grabbing objects more confidently and even on my lowest days she never fails to make me happy and smile. God has truly blessed me with this girl. Even yesterday, I was tearfully pouring myself out to my mom who sat next to me. P was in my lap and I had to stop crying mid-sob and laugh because of the silly, pretty face smiling up at me while blowing the longest raspberry I've ever heard. She enjoys making us laugh and I feel she tries to stop me from crying when I do. If all babies were like this, I'd have 7.
As I said before, John is away. I'm trying to change my attitude and I feel myself drawn back and close to Jesus during this time...because that's the only place I can be. I don't know if I've ever felt this utterly exhausted mentally, spiritually, and physically...but then I know I have. This is no new mountain that I cannot climb. This is something I've done before. I've been here before. And that is an encouragement, as strange as it may be.
School has me on my toes...and that's only with two classes. With school AND motherhood, I feel like I'm constantly running a marathon...on hot coals...while juggling knives. This motherhood business is no joke and neither is school. I feel like daily I am given the choice between being a good student and being a good mom...and mom usually wins. Trying to reorganize my life and time to be able to fit all the roles I now need to fill: mom AND dad, student, housekeeper, wife, friend, daughter, cook, artist, pirate...I made that last one up. Maybe life would be easier if I could plunder and pillage...hmm...

Comments

Popular Posts