Armed

Without really meaning to, I've felt myself pulled steadily back into meal planning. Obviously, right after having baby girl I was in no position to plan meals (or cook at all...HA!) but now that I've sort of gotten my sealegs (or maybe I'm just drunk) in motherhood for the time being, I want to get this show on the road. Since my mom got here we've talked about getting together and having a big meal making day that we can both take food away from to last us for a week or two. I'm really excited about this idea and after looking for a "few" recipes just now and walking away with a STACK...I feel armed and ready.
It's no joke or secret life has been rough lately. But I feel like maybe I've been pushed over one hill. I feel more able to face life and face my challenges and being prayed over at church really helped ground me again. I'm learning all military spouses are in this dance together. You sit there and think you are the only victim and no one gets it. And then you finally raise your chin to look around you to find that everyone around you is in the exact same boat: We've all been screwed over by the military at least once. We've all tasted the deployment curse. We've all been told one thing and just when it's "for sure," it changes and does a 180. All of us have gone through that. So...that's encouraging in a strange sort of bitter way. It's good to know I'm not alone; these feelings are mutual, common, normal. But they, like so much else, will pass and I won't let them define me.
In other news...my next piece of artwork for my independent study is being planned. I am finding all my pieces so far are of the somewhat controversial nature. And I love it. Bring it.
Photo: Tsuyoshi Ozawa found via Mediamatic

Comments

Popular Posts