And then...it hit me!

Well my parents came to the rescue yesterday. I've come down with a cold and P and I are managing to survive without getting much worse...which is a miracle. Usually by now I feel much worse than I do. So I'm thankful. We even heard the voice of our love for a few quick moments saying hello. After putting John on speakerphone, P's eyes shot to mine and she smiled; she knows her Papa's voice.
My furniture crisis was averted...or...solved...or...something. Temporarily. But it'll do and I feel quite possibly 70% better about my room than I did just 24 short hours ago. The solution? P's changing table. I didn't want to but I finally decided to move it into my bedroom. My parents basically did it for me. It solved several issues: I have space to store P's things until she moves into her own room permanently and I took down the portable crib I had been using as a changing table/storage but that just wasn't cutting it. Drawers are much better. And P seems to think the changing table is pretty spiffy. It took several things being rearranged to set the room back in order and it feels larger than it did before...even though it technically has less room than it did before. Yay. :)
P still sleeps with me in a cosleeper. I originally thought she'd be sleeping on her own by now but right now only for naps. One of the best pieces of parenting advice I was given was to do what feels right to you as your child's parents. Now, that should be taken with a grain of salt, of course. But it is very easy to be swayed into doing things that just don't sit right in your heart and soul for your child. For example, I keep her in church service with us. Although I think her newly found voice might be a tad too much even for our "amen"ing and "hallelujah"ing Southern Baptist church. So a few nursery trips might happen in the near future. But after leaving her in the nursery for the first time a week ago and feeling saddened as I walked away, maybe not too many. I thought about moving her to her room. Several times. But it never sat well with me. I've put her to bed in her own bed a few times. She did very well. And so did I. But I dearly missed her. And with John away as much as he is, I am very selfishly tempted to always keep her with me when he's gone. That could become a problem when she gets past age 1...but I'm getting ahead of myself. So for now, P sleeps in a cosleeper next to me. We get into jammies, read her story, get tucked in and she goes right to sleep (or that's the idea). I can leave her and get some last minute mommy things done around the house and she sleeps away (usually), content that I am close. Occasionally, she has bad dreams. But thankfully they are few and pass quickly.
But what hit me, you ask? Oh...I think I thought of the solution to white walls. And it has to do with my previous blog post's photo. Hmmm...things to think about.

Comments

Popular Posts