Zoom

I've been having sudden urges lately. I'll explain in more detail later but here are a few examples: the other day I thought of she crab soup and couldn't stop thinking about it until it was in my hands. Then now I have this URGE to go to the beach. I haven't been to the beach since Mexico and I promised myself we'd go to the beach at least once this summer here in NC...which we didn't...because the summer was absolutely crazy and the beginning of the fall hasn't been much better. So I think a visit to the beach, even if it's just to sink our toes in the sand and look for shark's teeth, is in order.
I've been stalking a friend's Flickr account the past two days. She posted some picture that got me there and then I just couldn't stop perusing through her life, which mostly resembles my own memories of Washington and adventures I wish I could accompany her on. I miss Washington. I really do. I don't really miss being cold. Maybe a little chilly. But I do miss crisp mornings, crisp drives to work with sunrises and breathtaking views and hot drinks and art and creativity and culture...I miss that. As a result, I've been exploring some of my own photography...rediscovering old moments I'd forgotten or never got a chance to reexamine. This photo is one of those. It's from the airshow last year (I think) and I hadn't looked at it since then I don't think. It reminds me of my friend because she has an affinity for flying. It also reminds me of the summer. But when I think of summer I don't think of NC summers. I think of the warmest days of WA summers. No mugginess. No humidity. Just pleasantness all around. Of course the freezingness other parts of the year makes to be a bit depressing. But they all have their place.
Well...I should prep for class. Peace out.
P.S. John is coming home today after being away for about a month. I am SO EXCITED.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts