So far...

9/8
I was so glad I chose to go to choir tonight. It was a good time of not concentrating on myself and concentrating on worship. I teared up at one point when I thought about having a baby. This is very overwhelming. But in a good way. I am also very hormonal. Just saying.
John called and he went crazy and ordered a bunch of baby books online tonight. He's so excited and so am I. I can't wait to actually be together again so that we can enjoy this time as a family (he's still up with his dad in Richmond).
P.S. While at choir, I think I had my second craving (the first being Nutella). I suddenly wanted pecan pie. But it wasn't urgent so I'm not sure.
9/9
I'm so tired! That's the one thing that's stayed consistent since finding out I was pregnant. I've been exhausted. But I've been really good and have made sure I got enough sleep every night this week. Even last night I had the urge to stay up late like I normally do at the end of the week...and then I realized...it's 9:45 and I could seriously fall asleep right now. So I did.
I'm going to an art open house tonight of one of my art instructors. It's weird being pregnant and still fitting my clothes perfectly. I know that'll change very soon but I think I had this idea that there'd be a HUGE difference within the first few weeks. It's nice to still be able to dress up cute and know that NO one has any idea I'm pregnant. :)
9/10
The bellybutton ring came out today. I figured taking it out early would be the best choice. I also discovered I no longer like coffee today. :( Which is probably for the best but I still love how it smells. It just tastes really bad to me now. I've been avoiding it to be extra safe but decided to have a little this morning and it just did NOT do it for me. So...goodbye coffee. Hopefully we'll see each other again in a few months.
I've been feeling absolutely unmotivated to go to the gym...which is exactly what I was afraid of. BUT...I started reading this book Super Fit Mama and am feeling SO much more motivated. So off to the gym I go today!
I had my first bout of morning sickness this morning too (I think). Thankfully nothing major...just felt bleh and dizzy.
9/14
One thing I didn't really expect in pregnancy and no one really mentioned: your taste buds seriously change. EVERYTHING tastes different...hence why coffee is not my cup of tea anymore. Even my literal cup of tea yesterday tasted weird. Cereal tastes different. Orange juice tastes different. I had a major craving for she crab soup (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!) and when I got some and ate it (it was heavenly) and then took a sip of water, something about the water and the soup gave me an after taste of poop (not so mmmm). Literally...my mouth tasted exactly how poop smells. It was SICK. I brushed my teeth as quickly as possible. Thankfully, I only drank water when I was FINISHED eating and not in the middle. Sick, sick, sick.
So yes. Lots of weird, weird changes. My dreams have started getting (even more) crazy too.
John comes home today after being in Richmond a month. I am SO ready to have him home. I hate separation. Especially when it's within the same country and ISN'T due to the military.
Today: 9/30
I had my first few bouts of hormonal CRAZY the past two weeks. I am just a lot more irritable with certain people and certain behaviors at school. Thankfully, they passed quickly but one of the days I was literally ready to chew someone out and start a fist fight.
The past two nights I had dreams about miscarriages. When I first told John, he started to scold me for worrying. But I honestly haven't been worrying or thinking about miscarriages. Your brain just does crazy, crazy things within dreamland. But thankfully I forgot them. Last night after dreaming about miscarriages, I dreamed I had a boy and labor wasn't that terrible. Afterward, a few days later, I went to Walmart with my mom. My baby was closer to the size of a toddler...and then I lost my debit card and couldn't buy my groceries. And then there was something about keeping old bananas for banana bread. Ran-dom.
The most recent food/drink aversion: apple cider. I took one sip and it tasted like apple juice mixed with mustard. Nummy.
Coffee is back on the menu!! I have been mixing decaf and caffeinated and somehow...it tastes better. How does this work? I have no idea...since they essentially taste exactly the same. But somehow I like coffee again. But I'm limiting it.
 Tonight John is taking me out for sushi. ALL cooked sushi so don't panic and I'm going to go over my list of fish to avoid due to high mercury levels just to be safe. But I'm SO excited. I want sushi so bad. Even if it's just a california roll, I will be STOKED. I don't really think this is a craving because honestly...I ALWAYS desire sushi this much. I just adore sushi. It would be hilariously ironic if we got there and I couldn't stomach it. Hmmm...

Comments

Kaley said…
Hehe, reading your posts make me smile. I'm so excited for you and John!

Also, oh goodness it would be horrible if sushi tasted awful all of a sudden! I have regular massive cravings for raw fish, and don't know what I'd do without it. But yea, I guess the mercury isn't the BEST thing for a growing baby :)

Hope we can talk soon, so much to catch up on. Praying for you three......or 4? Hey, my best friend had twins on their first try ;)
Haha BE CAREFUL!! Twins run on BOTH sides of my family. So...I'm scared. lol
Thankfully, the sushi tasted AWESOME. I could have eaten out the entire restaurant. So thankfully that hasn't changed.

Popular Posts