Stick it to the man, Gwen!!

"But I still love to wash in your old bathwater
Love to think that you couldn't love another
I can't help it...you're my kind of man..."

One of the many things I love about John is the fact that he gets me into things I wasn't into before I met him or he helps me appreciate things more deeply than before we were hanging out. For example...camping, hiking etc. I LOVE camping and hiking. But hate going alone and have trouble pushing myself out the door. Now I have John to pull me out the door and I have someone to go with. Problem solved! Another one (which is the whole point of this blog) is No Doubt. I love Gwen Stefani and I love a few songs off of No Doubt's "Rock Steady" album...but that was it. I never really got past the first 5 songs or so. Without John really saying much more than "Yeah I really like No Doubt" I started listening to the albums I had of them. And I LOVE these guys.

ONE thing I noticed which I thought was kinda weird...is this: It seems like as soon as Gwen Stefani started her solo project...her vibrato disappeared almost completely on her albums. But if you listen to a live version of her, there it is (in the picture above Gwen is saying "what the crap man!"). It's weird. It's like THE MAN is trying to stifle the vibrato or something cuz they think it sounds more pop-y without it. I don't get it. But I remember watching a live performance of her singing "What You Waiting For?" and thinking "She sounds so...different" and I didn't put my finger on the fact that it was her vibrato coming out that was so different from the recording. So...I'm hoping...with the new No Doubt album...I hope she sticks it to the man and whips out that ol' bucket of vibrato cuz not many people can make that brag like she can.
If I could pull off platinum hair, I
SO would.

P.S. I sometimes LOATHE blogger. I've tried to repost this blog about 80 times and it can't figure out the font size.

Comments

Popular Posts