Oily Ways

My last post had something monumental within it. I never really know when my ramblings might end up being posts that speak to me later on. Rereading it confirms it was a moment I needed to have, to remember why I fought to get healthy in the first place. What was my reason besides feeling/looking better? You have to find a deeper reason that means something to you even when you don't want to go.
The truth is you are not always going to want to go. A whirlwind trip back to New Bern for my Goddaughter's baptism (btw, she's beautiful and I love her to pieces) and sickness spreading in her family and my own made my immune system feel pretty shot.
In fact, a lot of me has felt shot even with improved motivation. Emotionally, I feel like I've been dragged from a truck many days.
Then something changed. I took an essential oils class at my chiropractor  (I ADORED hearing everything explained in scientific terms and clearly explained vs being talked down to) and I did something drastic. I told myself, "If you really believe that oils are beneficial, put your money where your mouth is and practice what you preach." I got off antidepressants, replacing them with oils that would assist me emotionally and hormonally. Disclaimer: that isn't for everyone. I kept my pills in case things didn't go as I hoped and promised myself that I would allow myself to go back on if it became necessary.
Very quickly, I felt a huge change. At first, I just felt more motivated. Then as the drugs wore off, I dealt with a lot of anger but every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I'd apply oils and it was like it diffused my rising anxiety. Quickly. I started out applying Grapefruit and Sclaressence to my stomach (Grapefruit makes you sensitive to sun where you apply it). Then I added in another. Again...this isn't for everyone. But it has been an INSANE change for me. The results?
I feel better than I have in YEARS; more myself than I have in YEARS. Do I feel perfectly fine? No. Do I still want to break a window with my head at times? Sure. But I did on antidepressants too. I feel much more...in control? Stable? Like I have tools to help when I need them?
You may not buy it and you may think it's all snake oil (like John did in the beginning). I know I was skeptical. But seeing my kids go from getting sick weekly to fighting off the cold within a day or two, I was convinced. This step took more faith and I prayed that God would guide me.
I'm thankful I tried and will continue to grow and try some more.

Comments

Popular Posts