October

It's October 26th and I haven't thought about blogging in over a month. No that's actually not true. I've thought about it quite a bit. But doing it, I have not.
It's a beautiful gray day. I say beautiful because it shows the fall emerging. And that always makes me excited; the fall is definitely my favorite time of year. And the fall always reminds me of Washington which I miss deeply. In the morning, I read a post by a close friend about her quiet morning routine. And I quickly thought, "I want to do that!!" So after hearing a peep from P in the other room almost as a confirmation of my decision, I decided it was time to get up and time for coffee.
Mornings like this bring me joy.
I am still wrapping my head around the idea that October is almost over. I think I'm still stuck in August. But I'm trying to quickly catch up.
October has contained many things:
- continued comings and goings of John... but we're settling into a routine that is familiar and much less disheartening. But we still miss him.
- an ever growing baby that is changing daily... no pun intended. She is a very giggly girl now and blesses us with hearty laughs.
- the chance to be involved in a few artsy things: yesterday I assisted an artist from Fayetteville who is raising a 70 foot sculpture in our town. It's made of bamboo and rope and I think I got four blisters within the first 5 minutes of helping work. It was a good time and a great experience. I've also been working on some concepts for my next few pieces of art. My commission is almost over...after near death. Huzzah.
- a sickness that had me on my back for several weeks. After a visit to the doctor and some tests, it was revealed that I have a hypoactive thyroid which would explain a lot of my sluggishness the past few months... sickness aside. So happy to be on the mend.
- a lovely family reunion-ish visit to the beach (which was less enjoyable for me because I was exhausted and still very sick but it was still a good time) and 2 very awesome photoshoots for family photos.
So it's been a good month. Halloween is right around the corner and no, I have no idea what I will dress as. Penelope, on the other hand, is all set. So stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts