Push

Happy 4th! It's been an uneventful day...which is sometimes just how we like it. John is off work and installing a car stereo in my old car (long humorous story I shall tell at a later date when I'm bored and feel like giving him a hard time *winkwink*) and I am bumming around the house doing mostly nothing but a few somethings; I've been reading an amazing book which is helping me with my fitness/weightloss/health goals among others (more to come in a second) and I am working on planning out rewards for myself as I lose the weight and meet those goals. It's fun stuff. I'm back at it on myfitnesspal.com and loving it. But more on that later.
Awhile back I said I was planning to cloth diaper. And you probably thought I was insane. Remember? Well...I followed through. I am cloth diapering. And amazingly enough I am loving it. There was a point in there where I was very afraid; afraid that I had spent money on them for nothing and I would end up hating it and quitting and feeling bad. But as soon as I started I knew it was a match made it heaven. Don't even ask me why. Because I. Don't. Know. There's just something strangely satisfying about the whole thing. They're cute. They're cuddly. Cleaning them is easy (we installed a sprayer handle on the toilet) and enjoyable (it'll get less enjoyable as she starts eating solids but I'm ignoring that fact for now). It cuts our waste in half. AT LEAST. NO diaper rash. Ever. The only issue I've run into recently is my covers have been leaking. They're covers. They aren't supposed to leak. That's WHY they're covers. Waterproof and all that. Well...something is going amiss. And I'm not at all pleased. But thankfully I have backups. So it's not all a loss. Just trying to figure out what exactly changed. So the routine? I do a load of wash a day. The detergent for the diapers (a special kind) smells sublime and they come out smelling brand new. I have zero complaints (other than the weird covers) and highly recommend it. Sorry. Just had to share. Now I'll go back to normal talk.
So back to this amazing book I'm reading. A fanatical fitness maniac friend of mine is always posting on facebook about Chalene Johnson. Well...one day, in one of my many moments of nursing boredom (when you're nursing your child and can literally do nothing else than surf the web on your phone or read or drool until she's finished), I decided to google this Chalene Johnson. Well...I was shocked. Chalene Johnson? THE Chalene Johnson?? Okay, so I didn't actually know the name. Completely unfamiliar to me. But what was familiar was what she was known for: Piyo, Turbokick, Hip Hop Hustle. I've only tried the third once but I did enjoy it...but the OTHERS. OMG. I am in love with Piyo and Turbokick. They are amazing workouts and ones I actually ENJOY (I am all about the caps today, aren't I??) to the max. They are incredible and when I found out she came up with ALL of them among others, I kept reading. Turns out she wrote a book called Push which I also remember my fanatical friend mentioning on occasion as well. Amazon! I bought it and am dumbfoundedly happy with how good it is. Before I go further, hear me out. Let's just get one thing straight. I don't believe in diets. They simply don't work and it's fact that 90% of all dieters gain back their lost weight within a year...and then some. I know this to be true because there are so many yo-yo dieters in my family and I happily avoided diets all together and just ended up unhappily larger than I should have been. I didn't lose any weight until I tackled what I was eating, worked on quality and quantities, and began exercising. So a diet book in my book is not really worth my time. I never dieted or cut out anything because I had watched my family do the same thing and fail every time. What I did do was do my homework, counted calories (like I said I'd never do but it totally worked for me in the end), and changed my entire lifestyle. I can't take credit for it though. It was totally a God thing.
Back to this awesome book. The thing that's crazy awesome about it...is it's not ALL about fitness and weight loss. It's about habits: making new ones, changing bad ones, etc. It's about all your goals. ALL of them. Not just the weight-loss related ones. It's hard to really explain unless you read it. So far, I'm impressed. And even more pumped to reach the goals I made and make some new ones. I don't know if she's a Christian or not but everything she talks about fits right in to where I am spiritually. Which is awesome. So...watch out. I'm going to look and feel quite different in not very long. I promise. But more importantly I feel a lot more focused on what I should be focused on. And I'm digging deep, figuring out what it is I really want to accomplish...in all areas. So until next time...check it out.
Well I'm off. I've got a baby to hold while John barbeques and we think and appreciate the sacrifice of those who have gone before us and those who are fighting for our freedom now. Especially those who have given their lives. We honor you and are thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts