Diaper WARS

This is a cloth diaper post. You've been warned.
So cloth diapering was going great. Honestly LOVED it. And then I began running out of detergent...and didn't immediately order more. You see, cloth diapering requires special detergent. Everywhere I read, I was told NOT to use the dreaded regular detergent or astronomically horrible things would happen. I couldn't really remember what exactly they said would happen so I'll just leave it at that. To remedy the situation, John had bought some natural Clorox detergent thinking it would fit the bill. Sadly...WRONG. I made the discovery after a very frustrating day of constant leaks...that regular detergent causes cloth diapers to no longer be WATERPROOF. Yeah. BIG problem. So I have a pile of cloth diapers that are useless. Thankfully, not all of them are destroyed but enough to make things difficult. I am still baffled and beside myself with how ridiculously silly this conundrum is. It's like...of all the things detergent could do...it had to be this. They couldn't make them discolor horribly or smell foul or burst into flames. Oh no...
So...it's back to the drawing board. We're doing disposables for now until my order of new diapers arrives. In the meantime, I've got to test all of the remaining diapers to figure out which are the duds and which are salvageable. Oh the funny things that happen as a parent. It's always an adventure!
In other news, I've lost 5.5 lbs in the past 3 weeks and am thoroughly enjoying Turbo Fire. I am a machine.
Photo: Unknown found via My Certified Translations

Comments

Erika Britt said…
Oh man! Way to stick it out! We are doing cloth diapers too (pre folds). We had some major leakage issues as well. I bought some soaker pads to slide in her diaper and that helped a lot! If you have a local diaper service, sometimes they sell some used soaker pads for really cheap (I managed to get mine for under a buck each). It really helped for getting her through the night and not having a wet sleeper to change her out of first thing in the morning. Anyway, glad you're on the cloth diapering team!!!

Popular Posts