Patreon-ic

I started a post on Monday and was all geared up to write and now, here it's Wednesday and I have no idea where my post went!
So, hi. It's been a weird day. It was really good until my middle child lost her mind most of the evening. So much chaos.
I am remembering my blogging from days of old and how I often thought of doing themed days to get myself writing regularly. But honestly, I wrote regularly anyway and didn't have trouble with consistency. But I think it might be fun to do now. Sometimes, it's nice to challenge yourself to write something completely out of the ordinary. I remember, I began something like a "Products I Like" theme but never stuck with it. So. I'm thinking about keeping one day a broad category like "Things That Work For Me." Because not everyone is going to like what you do or use but maybe looking at it as less of a "recommendation" and more of an informational observation might be helpful and...possibly interesting? I find it interesting to learn about what works for other people, even if it doesn't work for me.
I began a Patreon! And I will be sharing Pisms here from now on. For several years, I've been collecting funny things my kids say (I call them P & Sisms) and then sharing the best each month. I have had so many months where I thought the funny streak was over and there would be no more only to write down 10 in the span of a day or two. I have had so many people say they LOVE reading them and they make their month each month. I would like to publish them in a book form eventually but until then, I thought maybe people might be willing to support me in exchange for unreleased Pisms and other fun stuff which would help me be able to take more time to write and be creative. Because it can be a lot with 3 kids, and having the mental space to create, in whatever form, is LIFE.
So, check it out! www.patreon.com/rachelwheeler

Comments

Popular Posts