My Sweets

I have been married 4 short years now. It's hard to believe...sometimes because it feels longer and sometimes because it feels shorter.
My love and I worked hard to surprise each other...by making reservations at the SAME restaurant unbeknownst to each other...but for different nights. In the end, my night won (he wasn't home early enough on the night of our anniversary as I guessed he might not be) and we had a wonderful anniversary dinner over rose colored champagne and a delicious meal at 247 Craven. It was simple, sweet, and completely unexpected. We were originally told he would be out to sea over our anniversary so it was a lovely surprise. Now he is gone. And I miss him. But he will be back in a few weeks.
I am up to my armpits in clutter. I am finally moving my studio downstairs...a feat I've been itching (in the armpits) to do for months...but it's quite the feat and I feel like breaking out in hives right now because nothing is where it should be. I'm still not entirely convinced the move will actually work...but whatever the result, I will rid myself of several pounds of clutter and unneeded stuff. I've been really into moving furniture lately, huh?
By the way, aren't my sweets above...er...sweet? If you could die of cuteness...well...I would have been gone long ago. Thankfully, there is no limit.
Back to my love. After 4 short years, I am overwhelmed by how much I adore this man. I think somewhere in my heart I believed I could not love him more than when we got married. But my love grows deeper every day...and every time I see him in our little girl's face, my heart grows a size and a half. The butterflies are not an ever present part of daily life; we all have to do the laundry and dishes. But my soul feels at home with him. We are two halves of a whole that God designed to fit perfectly. I could not find a better man. And you will not find a luckier woman.
Photos: Meself


Comments

Popular Posts