Oh. Hello December!

It's here. And I feel like the year just started last month. It's been a sparse writing year for this here little blog. But that's okay. Much has changed.
I got bedroom furniture. I didn't think it could happen this soon but we found a used set on craigslist from a very nice couple and I found myself with an actual BEDROOM that felt like a BEDROOM last night (as opposed to a warehouse or a drycleaners). It made me feel like a princess and I was reminded of years ago whenever we'd come to the states on furlough and all the homes we stayed in. I remember always feeling like a princess when I'd get to stay in some big, plush, fluffy guest bed. The last time I owned an actual bed (not a metal frame...not a mattress on the floor...an ACTUAL bed, headboard and footboard etc.) was probably when I was about 11. Literally. Wow. Needless to say...I'm a happy camper. There is something so comforting about having a comforting place to retreat. But it has to be just that...comforting.
Christmas lies ahead and I find myself drawn back to the basics, the beginning. Ever since finding out I was pregnant over a year ago, I have had a new awe and fascination with Mary...just trying to wrap my head around what it must have been like for her. And what it could feel like to be the mother of your Lord. This wonder has spilled over into my independent study and the art born out of that. It spills into this blog and into my conversations, both big and small. It's...precious to me. She is precious to me. And I want to know and love her son more than ever. Advent begins today. Jesus, make us in awe of your presence this season and moving forward.
Photo: Unknown found via The Immaculate Heart of Mary

Comments

Popular Posts