Oh yeah...

It was Thanksgiving last week. And I had a birthday awhile ago. How time flies...
I even neglected to post a few pictures that we had taken as a family. So unlike me.

My birthday was nice. We had a Chinese party at our house which was both a great time and somewhat overwhelming all at once. This hostess is not used to hosting very many people...especially children. So, it was a newer experience but I think I passed.
On my actual birthDAY, John took me out shooting.
Which is exactly what I wanted to do.
And then we went to the Marine Corps ball the following weekend. It was nice, definitely the largest I've ever been to (hello, infantry!) and I had a good time in the end...but I never got to dance which was very out-of-character.
However, I felt pretty fabulous in this dress I borrowed. So that has to count for something.
This past week we went up to Virginia for Thanksgiving to visit John's parents...and seeing that my parents are practically orphans here, they tagged along and it was a good time to be had by all. My body was reluctant to get back into the swing of normal life this morning after a long drive home yesterday...but we'll get there. Is it really almost December??
Photos: Lauren Weeks Photography and Meself

Comments

Popular Posts