Goal

Two very important things happened this week:
1. John graduated from his 20's! and...
2. Penelope was dedicated at our church.
I'm so thankful I was able to spend another birthday with John (in fact, I've never been away from him for one of his birthdays, only mine), especially one so big (although he loves to act like it's not a big deal at all). Cannot wait to watch you age another 30 years! I am so lucky to be the one who gets to grow old with you, John.
Penelope's dedication was wonderful and meaningful and surprisingly relaxing. I had gotten nervous the night before...because I do that sometimes...but it was great. 11 families dedicated babies including our friends Lauren and Jon and their son Wesley. She was the one who originally told me about the dedication coming up and we thought it would be special to have our kids dedicated together. John's parents came down for the occasion and it was that much more meaningful and important having them witness the occasion and see us commit to how we want her to be raised and who we hope she will become in the Lord. I already see a beautiful personality sprouting from this small one. I know He has MUCH in store for her. And for us.
So I did it...I sat down and made a realistic fitness/weight-loss goal. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to share it publicly or simply tell a few trusted friends who I know will support me. I'm leaning toward the latter. Technically, I already had a GOAL; but what I wanted to do is expand and make smaller short-term goals leading up to the BIG one. I WILL share my ultimate goal. It's kind of two goals:
A. Get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight which was 140 lbs.
B. Continue on and reach 130 lbs or if I don't reach that number (because I care very little about numbers), fit into my goal jeans that I bought before getting pregnant, make the difference in muscle and be in the best shape of my life. No joke. I also want to do the Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash like I had planned to before getting pregnant and also having hip issues which prevented me from doing it last year (that and Hurricane Irene *coughcough*). The hip issues, as I've shared before, have been remedied by my amazing chiropractor. I now swear by chiropractors. I went to him my entire pregnancy and I swear it is probably one of the reasons I wasn't too uncomfortable.
So yeah...there is my big goal(s). And I made a smaller goal leading up to it and I want to sit down and make a few more and maybe even plan some rewards for myself for when I reach those goals so I have something to focus on when I'm struggling or feeling like a bum. Score.
Bottom line: I love feeling healthy and in-shape. But this is much deeper than "getting my body back." It's a list of factors: family medical history, the desire for a strong heart and just to be strong in general, enjoying being healthy with my husband and teaching Penelope the importance of fitness and nutrition. I would love to learn to enjoy running and run a half marathon...but let's take this one step at a time. ;)
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts