OMG!!

Cutting it close, right?
I have less than half an hour to write this post before it's officially the 1st of May. Let's see how I do.
It has been quiet in here.
Life has been a zigzag of things: getting sick repeatedly and then going on an enraged mission to NOT get sick and rid my house of germs (I sense a theme in my life...you will see...), said sickness keeping me from the studio, again said sickness keeping my kid from preschool...but I think we have officially entered spring. Which means NO more sickness! At least that is what my book says. And that is how it shall stay.
What is new...
I took on an art student. She is 12. She is difficult to read. But I think she's enjoying herself and so am I (when I'm not stressing about what to teach next and if she's really having fun...and then the crazy artist dictator side of me remembers it's not about fun!...oh but it is...)
P is turning two in just a few days. It is just a crazy thought and it's hard for me to really grasp it. But mostly I'm excited. We are doing a birthday party. At a farm. With ANIMALS of all kinds. It's going to be fun. In my moments of social anxiety when I wonder if anyone will come, my mom reminds me that if they don't, WE will still have fun by ourselves. So there. But I have no doubts her kiddo friends (and parent friends) will come. P is much too memorable.
I started a new commission. But the studio has been quiet. I expect it to stay quiet a bit this summer. But I also anticipate some funness in other areas that holds more importance: time with my girl as she embarks on her first dance class, perhaps.
Ok kids. Here's to May, to spring, to a quickly passing year of new beginnings and joys.
P.S. Almost forgot...I'm trading a painting for lessons in metalsmithing. SO FUN. So see, I am doing art! My idea was to forgo Penland this summer and find instruction elsewhere to save money. I've only done one class but so far I'm hooked and in love.

Comments

Popular Posts