The Frenchie Awards

Now, I bet you're wondering what Frenchie Awards are? It's been quiet around here. In all honesty, I've wanted to write...but also haven't. The last time I began a post, a few hours after beginning the draft (with this title), I found myself puking my way into the night (and morning), a victim of food poisoning...or MAJOR 24 hour stomach flu...or something else entirely. The experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth in relation to this writing space. The Frenchie Awards was a post about French Toast. And after watching every meal I'd bad for the past three days reemerge...well the thought of writing about food or anything else repulsed me. As you can imagine. Sorry for any mental images. But I'm mostly well now...after playing tennis with a cold with P who always brings new germs to the house from preschool...as does John from work. And there's me in the middle of it. I used to consider myself a pretty healthy person but this winter has done a number on me. Any time the sun flirts with us, I hope for warm weather to kill off some germs. We're done with snow and ice and drivers who have never experienced either (them, not us).
So what's new? Other than sickness keeping me away from my studio, I've kept pretty busy artistically. My dear aunt just came to visit for a few days which was lovely. I have a prospective buyer for one of my drawings. I'm doing a piece for a friend's senior project about having estranged siblings called Estranged Installation (really awesome project). I'm letting down my hair and taking more risks in my art. Which is both a little scary and a lot inspiring. My mom is flourishing as an artist and finally finding her voice. It is so inspiring to witness and be involved in as she experiments and gets excited about creating and stops worrying about who will see it and what they'll think. A difficult lesson we all could benefit from.
John is back at work but still going through physical therapy which is going great. P is a chatterbox, pairing words daily and making new sentences, understanding more than we realize constantly and never failing to surprise and delight us. Her latest pairing: "Daddy's funny!", said while giggling.
I don't have much more to say other than...I'm well. I feel good. I am happy and have much joy. And I continue to heal and grow and change and life is better. God is faithful. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts