Finished Fun

I finished my first For the Makers box. This particular box had 4 projects: a necklace, earrings, a sunglasses strap, and a zippered bag. The supplies were provided and you put everything together (even the earrings). Some of it was challenging but not so much that I was ever frustrated or lost but all of it was FUN. I can't WAIT for my next box to arrive!
Here is what I made.
I added the texture to the white beads myself and sealed them with some glittery modgepodge. Sounds tacky but it actually turned out really cool.
Here is everything.
My baby has not been sleeping well. But I think we've finally found the answer. After much suggesting by others, we started a scheduled night time routine before bed. We did bath time, read a story, prayed, and played a little before settling down. The bath time really is what I think made a huge difference. She has slept through the night and has gone down peacefully the past few nights and I'm ecstatic. Now...if I could only get myself to sleep earlier (she said, while typing at a quarter past midnight)! It's the never ending battle.
One thing that both warmed and broke my heart this week was the other morning Penelope woke up and the first thing she said was, "Daddy?" She then proceeded to look around for him. I wonder if she dreamed about him. Then later on we went around the living room looking at all the pictures of Daddy. I also hung a picture in her room (FINALLY) that her grandparents (John's parents) gave us for Christmas. In one of the photos, John is holding her with me at her dedication. Now every time we change her diaper, she smiles up at the picture on the wall and says, "Daddy." (Mind you, I've been suffering due to her hysterical bloody murder screaming every time we change a diaper lately...so this is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement.) She says "Daddy" unprompted more than any other word in her very small vocabulary. She definitely knows who her Daddy is and misses him very much. My sweet girl.
Photos: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts