Intro + vert

I get to a point where I need to run away sometimes. When I lived at home, I'd run away by myself or with my mom. We'd run away together...usually to the mall or target for a few hours. I'm not sure what it is. But mostly I know it's proof that I AM an introvert, despite what people might think. Someone I know defined introverts and extroverts by how they get their energy and how that interacts with people. If you get energy by being with people, you are an extrovert...while if you get energy by being alone and NEED that alone time, you are an introvert. And I am 100% an introvert.
I'm definitely more social than I used to be. I remember times in highschool when people would ask me to sleepover at their house and I would call my mom and get her to tell me I couldn't and to come home...simply because I didn't have the heart or guts to say, "No, thanks, I'd rather not." My mom and I had a little phone-call intuition and she could just always tell when I needed "rescuing." Over time, I've gotten better. I have more time to recharge. When John is deployed, I have too much time to recharge on my own and have to force myself out to see people. Because I get energy from people too. I just usually NEED my solo time more than I NEED to be with people. The wonderful thing about John is I rarely if ever need a break from him. We are content in silence sometimes and it's enough quiet and calm to help me recharge without having to climb into my closet for some peace...which has been known to happen when I'm overwhelmed by company. Call me silly or weird...I just need my ME time.
Thanksgiving has been wonderful this year. We made all of our own food in our own little house. We had John's mom and step-dad Mark over as well as a classmate of mine for dinner. We laughed, ate, and were generally merry. It was wonderful and I treasure it. Thanksgiving morning, John and I woke up early because we were both so excited. It felt like Christmas morning. And Thanksgiving evening, I fell asleep to John sleepily saying, "This is the best Thanksgiving I've ever had." I quite agree.
With that being said, I'm in runaway mode. But I don't have anywhere to go, other than the study and my closet. I need my time now. Even the kitties are in agreement and enjoy the quiet solitude with me. I am sorry to be rude...I truly don't mean it. I just know when I need to escape. If I don't escape, I start to get snippy and when I get snippy it just spirals downward from there. So escape is my option of choice. Give me a day or two and I will be as good as new. I am a poet and I don't know it. Aren't I special in the second picture?
P.S. Baby quite behaved his/herself and only complained of hunger a few times, after which he/she was thoroughly fed with lovely, tasty things. I believe they approved of Thanksgiving quite fully. No pun intended.
Photo: House found via Fuckyeargreghouse

Comments

Popular Posts