Writer's Prison

The surgery, as far as anyone can tell, worked. John Sr. gave everyone a few scares when he tried to fight his way out of bed shortly after getting out of surgery. But he's since calmed down and is just very, very tired. Back to the eternal puzzle of which blood pressure Meds will work best and what combinaion works. This is day 7 in the hospital.
John's sister is headed down tomorrow and then we are headed to NC to drop me off so I can start school on Monday. I told John I could email my instructors and let them know I have a family emergency but he said my school year shouldn't suffer because someone decided not to take their blood pressure Meds. So back home we go and then John will return to VA.
A lot of unanswered questions have continued to arise out of this whole experience; things that dumbfound and exasperate John and Emily. And me. Thankfully, there is someone who knows the truth who is helping us understand what's been going on for far too long. There's a separation act that occurs in newly weds sometimes. When things happen for one side of the family, the spouse not connected by blood feels apart from them. But this lifestyle has really brought me closer to John's family especially with mine far away. This family is my family and I feel myself as wrung out emotionally as if this were my own father by blood. But the confusion for all of us, blood related and not, continues. One thing I have learned: I refuse to ever conceal my situation, health or otherwise, from my family to protect their "peace of mind." Because this resulting experience is nothing less of a few more gray hairs for my head's premature collection.
A good side to all of this? Because there's always a positive, even if it's something little: I'm writing up a storm over here. I've written over 10 front and back pages for my book...and I'm steadily filling holes and fitting pieces together. Would I rather be here on vacation and none of this ever happened? Of course. But this hospital has become my writer's prison and I'm thankful I was able to do someting productive as opposed to, oh I don't know...worrying?! Yeah. The biggest writing accomplishment so far? I have a book title. From day one, I've always called the book "November." No, I don't really know why. I think I originally had some ideas as to why but they've since changed. So...I found my REAL title. Will I reveal it? Heck, not yet. But hopefully soon. Now if only you knew what "soon" meant.
Sidenote: blotting from phone means crazy word replacement (for example: that "blotting" was supposed to be "blogging"...thanks droid) and lack to zero correct punctuation (again...thanks droid...you're a genius...but you're oh so dumb at the same time...at least I don't have to worry about your artificial intelligence taking over the world).

Comments

Kaley said…
Praying for you and your family! Oh, and I hope you have a good semester :)

Popular Posts