Team Lift Power!!

There's a lot of lessons that are automatically learned while your spouse is on a deployment. You don't always realize you're learning them...and other times you do. One of the first lessons you learn while your spouse is away is you are probably capable of a lot more than you thought possible...in all areas of life. Stress level, strength level, intelligence level, negotiating level, coaxing level, arguing level, anger level, fast-thinking level, etc. Some others are as follows:
- Every jar will open...some way or another. BELIEVE me.
- Desk moving is not for the faint of heart.
- You will not be eating (hopefully) as much food now that your husband/wife is gone. So adjust your grocery shopping accordingly. Or suffer the consequences of rotting fridge food. It aint pretty. At all. Ever.
- Do not shop depressed. Put it back. Now.
- Netflix is/should be your new best friend. I know it's mine.
- A little resentment/emotional instability is perfectly normal. No, really it is. Don't Panic, in the words of Douglas Adams.
- There is such thing as too much girl time.
- There is no such thing as too many hand-written letters. Unless they're hate mail.
- There is no such thing as too much cheese.
- Junk punch anyone who flirts with/stalks you right after you inform them you're married. Especially while in Bestbuy. Too many weirdos in Bestbuy.
My most recent one is the following: The words 'Team Lift' on large/heavy boxes is a suggestion, not a requirement. Now, I am in no way promoting back strain or physical pain/injury. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I went to Target yesterday.
I found what I needed and lowered the 90 something pound box from a shelf into my cart (temporarily crushing two of my fingers) and checked out at the cashier counter. I heaved my cart (now straining under the weight, the back left wheel threatening loudly to evacuate the cart at any second) out to my car and bench pressed the box into my mini-car. As I was about to close the door, satisfied with my successful endeavor, I noticed a brightly colored sticker on the side of the box: TEAM LIFT. CAUTION. Yeahhhhhh. Let's just say...when you get determined, sometimes you miss the most important (relative) things. How did I not even SEE that or have it cross my mind until it was safely in my car? I couldn't help but laugh to myself and twiddle the cart to the cart drop off.

Comments

Katie said…
love it... you're hilarious. but soon, your teammate will be home to help TEAM LIFT with you... or you can just make him do it all ;)

Popular Posts