Cocktail Candy

When I was little, I believed that cocktails and alcohol in general tasted like candy and olive juice. Why olive juice? Because Martinis were always served with an olive in movies and I assumed the juice must taste like the left over juice in a jar of olives since it was the same color and consistency. Realistic logic for a little kid. I remember my disappointment and disapproval when I tasted my first glass of wine and my first sip of beer. I thought "how could ANYONE ever be an alcoholic?" I also used to hope/wish when I was little that medicine ALWAYS tasted like the medicine in Mary Poppins...sweet and fruity and wonderful and surprisingly ALWAYS your favorite flavor. The kind that makes you want to have LOTS of it even if you weren't sick. That's probably WHY it never tastes that good. Although some of the kid medicines are getting dangerously yummy. Like the suckers for when you have a cold or the Calcium chocolates. Danger, Will Robinson, danger.
And let me just say...sometimes even "a spoonful of sugar" just BARELY makes the medicine go down.

Comments

Popular Posts