PT

Port Townsend has gradually become one of my favorite places in the Northwest. I still have a lot of exploring to do but it is quickly winning its way into my heart. For my second date with my boyfriend John, we met in Port Townsend and had Japanese noodles. Which surprisingly turned out to be quite authentic tasting. We had Chinese last night at Golden China which was also quite authentic. Not everything on the menu, mind you. But the Si Chuan Fish was definitely head on. The waiter was also REALLY Chinese. Which is always a good sign at Chinese restaurants since majority of them in the US seem to be run by people from anywhere BUT China. We reminisced about moving to the states and our culture shock which was nice to hear that his experience was similar to my own. I think we'll be back there soon.
One of our frequent haunts lately has been Elevated Ice Cream which I highly recommend to anyone who even slightly enjoys eating ice cream. It's just a cute place with kick-ass ice cream and a nice old-school atmosphere. You can't really go wrong there. The coffee wasn't bad either.
But our favorite place so far in Port Townsend...eating-wise at least...is The Fountain Cafe. We completely had no idea this place was going to be anything exciting. We just sort of were walking around getting hungry and it appeared around a corner and we thought "why not?" Were were pleasantly surprised at the creative presentation of their food, the artsy atmosphere (John described it as a "Rachel cafe" or something around that wording), and just the cozy factor. Oh and the waiters/waitresses were really, REALLY friendly and courteous. Heck, I wrote a REVIEW on TripAdvisor on this place. I've never written a review on anything besides items bought on ebay and Amazon purchases. Whoopie. So...yeah...if that says nothing other than "You've got to try this place"...I don't know what to tell you.

Comments

Popular Posts